At its July Board meeting, the Board of Directors approved the amended parking resolution (attached) in order to include issues relating to motorcycle parking. The effective date of the new parking policy will be August 13, 2012. The following is a summary of the changes to the parking rules. Important components of the parking policy are as follows:
• All motorcycles and scooters must display motorcycle specific or scooter specific parking permits. Each unit owner with a motorcycle or scooter must register the motorcycle or scooter with the management office immediately and pay an annual fee of $35.00 which is due immediately. All motorcycle and scooter owners will be required to renew their registration once a year at the cost of $35.00 and payable on January 1st of each year.
• All vehicles parking within the property must display a parking permit at all times. Each unit shall receive one standard parking permit. Each unit owner whose primary vehicle is a motorcycle or scooter may exchange their standard parking permit for a motorcycle specific or scooter specific parking permit. Each unit owner must register the vehicle within two weeks of obtaining title to the unit.
• The parking policy also defines permitted vehicles which include commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles and operable vehicles, and abandoned vehicles and other agricultural, industrial, construction or similar equipment.
The policy defines the following types of vehicle prohibitions:
• No parking along fire lines.
• Vehicles shall not be parked in a manner that obstructs sidewalks, driveways or access to parking spaces.
• Parking is prohibited on any portion of the property other than approved parking areas.
• Vehicles cannot be parked in a manner that impedes normal flow of traffic, access to mailboxes or prevents access to any other vehicles in adjacent parking spaces or the open roadway.
• The vehicles must be parked only in designated parking spaces.
• Any person operating a vehicle within the Association must have a proper driver’s license.
• If a vehicle security system is activated for more than 15 minutes, the vehicle is in violation of the rules and regulations.
• Only one vehicle may be parked in any parking spaces with the exception of a motorcycle or scooter which can be parked in the same parking space as an approved motor vehicle.
In addition, the parking policy defines the Association’s enforcement mechanisms, which may include towing of vehicles, imposition of monetary penalties for violations of the rules and regulations, and/or the suspension of privileges.
The Board of Directors trusts that each and every member of the Association will comply with these simple parking rules. Please note that this letter is not intended to replace the enclosed parking policy resolution.
Please contact the management office at 703-271-5488 if you own a motorcycle or scooter in order to begin the registration process.
Please replace the attached Parking Resolution with the current policy in the (three ring binder) Unit Owners Guide. If you do not have a copy of the Unit Owners Guide please contact the management office.
Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Motorcycle & Vehicle Parking Resolution