THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
In order for you to register on this Website, you must be at least 18 years of age and be the owner of, or reside in a condominium, town home, or single family home within your community association. During the registration process, we will ask you for the name of your community association, your account number and email address. You will also be asked to select a Username and password. We will verify this information against the information that your association or its management company has given us. Once verified, you will be sent confirmation by email that your registration has been processed.
Once a visitor to the Website has entered a registered Username and password, access to the Website will continue while the current session is active. After a period of inactivity, or after the user logs out manually, the user will need to re-enter his/her Username and password. This result is accomplished by the use of specialized cookies known as session tokens. Session tokens are securely encrypted and unique for each session to protect the user’s identity and to ensure safe, secure and convenient access to the Website.
"Cookies" is a programming device which stores a small text file on the user's computer which enables the Website server to recognize the visitor's web browser and permit access to the Website. The Website does not utilize cookies, except for the placement of two numbers on the user's computer that are understood only by the Website server and do not contain any personal or identifiable information by the user.
There are several areas in the registered-members-only portion of this Website at which you have the opportunity to provide additional personal information. In many of these areas, the information you provide can be viewed and accessed by other members of your homeowners association. For example, we provide an online community directory, through which you may provide others in your association with your name, telephone number. In addition to general personally-identifiable information, we will also collect limited financial information if you purchase any products or services from us through this Website. Currently, we offer a "Homes for Sale" service. At this area of our Website, you can make other residents in your community aware that your home is for sale (including photos of your house). This service is offered free of charge.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We gather information from you to provide you with the services you request. The passive information that we track helps us to understand more about our audience's interests, to communicate with you and to give you a better experience when visiting this Website by personalizing tools, content, services and email messages. We also use this information to build new services and develop offers that we believe are valuable to you.
We may share your personally-identifiable information in a number of different ways, as described below:
- We will share your information with your association and your association's management company in order to keep their records up to date.
- This Website provides you with the opportunity to share your information with other registered users. You should take care before disclosing personal information in our forums, as we cannot control the behavior of those third parties who may see your postings.
- To the extent a product or service available on this Website is provided by a company other than Associa, that company may also collect personally-identifiable information about you.
- Websites that are linked to this Website, or to which a link is provided on this Website, may also collect your personally-identifiable information. We have no control over the information gathering practices of those sites, and we encourage you to read the privacy policies of all sites that you visit.
- If all or substantially all of our assets related to your community association are sold to a third party, your personally-identifiable information will be included in the assets transferred to that party.
- We will disclose personally-identifiable information to a third party if required to do so by law or regulation, or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) respond to claims that any portion of this Website violates the rights of third parties; or (c) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Associa, authorized users of this Website or the public.
If your association terminates its management relationship with our management company affiliate, we will shut down this Website and send all data collected through this Website, including your personally-identifiable information, to your association's board of directors, in care of the association president upon request. The data will be sent in the form of a CD. Upon your association's receipt of the CD, we will delete all such data about your association and its residents from our databases.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION AND CONTACT ASSOCIA WITH FURTHER QUESTIONS
You may update, correct and change most of your personally-identifiable information online by visiting the My Profile page once you gained access to the Website. For any other requested changes, you may contact email@example.com. Some information, such as your unit number, cannot be changed without verification by your association or its management company.
If you have other questions or concerns, you may contact:
PO Box 600223
Dallas, TX 75360-0223
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use standard industry measures to protect the information you provide from unauthorized access or disclosure or accidental loss, alteration or destruction. Access to this Website is password protected, including access to databases containing personally-identifiable information. Any personal information that you have posted in any portion of this Website should be accessible only by other residents of your association who are registered users of this Website. However, due to the nature of the Internet and computer security, we cannot guarantee that security will never be breached. We therefore encourage you to protect your Username and password and not divulge it to anyone.