Trash and Recycling service WILL NOT be provided on Thanksgiving Day due to landfill closures.
American Disposal Services (ADS) provides trash and recycling services for the Cascades Community Association.
Trash removal: Monday and Thursday
Recycling collection: Thursday
Yard waste pick up: Monday
Large item pick-up: Thursday
ADS provides one wheeled, covered toter for each single family residence for the collection of trash. Each town home and single-family home will also be provided with one recycling bin. Single family homes are provided with a 64 gallon toter and townhomes are provided with a 16 gallon bin. Townhouses can call ADS to upgrade to a 64 gallon recycling toter free of charge.
You are encouraged to keep a record of the serial number of your Toter(s) should you need to identify it in the future. Requests for additional recycling bins and toters are accepted by phone at 703-368-0500.
Please note the following requirements concerning trash removal services:
- Trash must be properly secured in plastic bags, standard trash cans, or wheeled carts.
- Trash must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 6 a.m. for collection.
ADS’s weekly curbside recycling program includes the collection of aluminum cans, aluminum foil & trays rinsed and cleaned, metal food & beverage cans, clear & colored glass, #1 - #7 plastics, plastic bottles, wide mouth plastic containers & rigid plastics, newspapers, mixed paper, junk mail, magazines, phone books & catalogs, empty aerosol cans, cardboard, paperboard (including cereal boxes without the lining and frozen food packages, etc), corrugated cardboard, moving boxes. Each Thursday, ADS will remove recyclable materials that have been placed at the curb for collection.
Please note the following requirements concerning recycling collection services:
- Newspapers and magazines should be bundled and placed in paper grocery bags or tied with heavy twine if not placed directly into the recycling bin/toter
- Glass, plastic, aluminum and metal, food/beverage containers should be rinsed and placed in bags, cardboard boxes, or recycling bins.
- Recyclables must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 6:00 a.m. for collection.
- Recyclable materials can be co-mingled.
Each Monday, ADS will remove yard waste that has been placed at the curb for collection. Please note the following requirements concerning the collection of yard waste:
- Grass clippings and leaves should be bagged in clear plastic bags or brown paper bags.
- Brush and limbs should be bundled.
- Limbs should not exceed four feet in length and three inches in diameter.
- Concrete, bricks, blocks, dirt, and soil are not acceptable.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 6:00 a.m. for collection.
- The weight limit for yard waste is 50 pounds per bag or container.
Special Item Pick-ups
ADS will collect all furniture, non-CFC appliances (everything except refrigerators and freezers), and other large, non-metal household items. American Disposal will charge a fee for kitchen and some household appliances. Please contact ADS at least 24 hours in advance to schedule for collection of these items. Please notify ADS customer service at 703-368-0500 at least 24 hours in advance when putting out bulk items.
ADS will provide services on all holidays that fall on regularly-scheduled pickup days with the exception of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. If a regularly-scheduled pickup day falls on one of these holidays, service will resume on the next regularly scheduled pickup day. If trash collection is cancelled due to inclement weather, trash and recycling will be picked up on the next scheduled pick up day.
Please direct any questions to American Disposal Services at 703-368-0500 or contact the management office at 703-406-0820.
The following items are accepted at the Loudoun County Landfill:
Used motor oil
Automobile batteries and lead-acid batteries
Storage/fuel tanks or drums
For additional information visit www.loudoun.gov/landfill
or click on the links below:
Local Recycling Opportunities
Loudoun County Recycling Centers
Hard To Recycle Items